Tagged in , , and posted in Linux, Windows

Got this when trying to connect to a Windows 10 Technical Preview using Remmina after a Windows upgrade.

Somewhere, somehow the key must have changed.

I fixed that by deleting the freerdp known_hosts entry.

vi ~/.freerdp/known_hosts

Remove the host entry for the particular server.

When trying to reconnect it will ask you to re-authorize the host.

Done.

  • jeffrey

    What version of Remmina are you running? I’m running 0.9.99.1 and after removing this line from known_hosts, I still get ‘Unable to connect…’

    Edit: updated to 1.2beta and it’s working now.

    • Also using 0.9.99.1 and the only issue I had was with the known_hosts. there is one line for each connection. I wonder is there anything exciting new and fancy with 1.2 ?

      • jeffrey

        I changed from sec:rdp to sec:tls as well, that might have been why it wasn’t working, don’t try to compile it manually if you want to update, it’s a nightmare. there is a ppa if you are on deb/ubuntu, see here: https://github.com/FreeRDP/Remmina/wiki

  • gust

    Thanks it’s fixed for me

  • Darekx2

    Big thank you. Really you make my day. I fighting with this from several hours.

  • austin

    Thanks for that. I just upgraded my work PC to Windows 10, and couldn’t RDP in to it. This fixed the problem.

  • Alexandru Ghita

    Thank you! Stupid windows update messed up my remote desktop..

  • tops

    Awsome! Thank you for sharing!

%d bloggers like this: