For a Sharepoint 2007 list
I would like to have a calculated column that calculates the GMT -5 =EST hours for a task list.
- We have a Sharepoint 2007 list
- We have at least “design” level permission (Can create lists and document libraries and edit pages in the Web site) to the site where the list is located
- we have 1 column called [Scheduled GMT] (default
We now go to -> Settings -> List Settings -> create column
- give the column a name “ex: Scheduled EST (GMT-5)”
- The type of information in this column is: “Calculated (calculation based on other columns)”
- in the Formula field insert:
Where [Scheduled GMT] is the column with the GMT Time and (5,0,0) are the hours,minutes,seconds you would like to subtract.
- Add the new column to your view of choice to see the automatically calculated EST time based on your GMT entry.