For a Sharepoint 2007 list
I would like to have a calculated column that calculates the days between 2 dates.
- We have a Sharepoint 2007 list
- We have at least “design” level permission (Can create lists and document libraries and edit pages in the Web site) to the site where the list is located
- we have 1 column called [Scheduled GMT] (default
We now go to -> Settings -> List Settings -> create column
- give the column a name “ex: Days left”
- The type of information in this column is: “Calculated (calculation based on other columns)”
- in the Formula field insert:”=IF(ISERROR(DATEDIF([Scheduled GMT],[start_date],”d”)),DATEDIF([start_date],[Scheduled GMT],”d”),-DATEDIF([Scheduled GMT],[start_date],”d”))”Where [Scheduled GMT] is the column with the GMT Time and [start_date] is the column with a start date for the calculation.
- Add the new column to your view of choice to see the automatically calculated days between the 2 dates.